In order for your school to successfully host a CCN competition, you'll need to be able to meet the following program participation requirements, which are also listed in the CCN 2015 Letter of Commitment.
To enable our school to run a successful competition, we understand that we must:
Data access & competition set-up
- For each participating building or group of buildings, have access to daily whole-building electricity (kWh) and/or water (gallons) consumption data using existing metering (utility bills will not work).
- Set up each of our buildings and our competition in BuildingOS, the Lucid website through which competitions shown on Building Dashboard are managed.
- Submit to BuildingOS an accurate baseline electricity and/or water consumption value for each building in our competition.
- Submit to BuildingOS accurate electricity and/or water consumption values for each building in our competition at least twice per week during the competition time period.
- Ensure that our group competition (against other schools) will be registered on the CCN website by one of the participating schools by December 19.
Marketing & outreach
- Take advantage of program training webinars and guidance materials.
- Widely publicize and encourage participants to visit our school’s Building Dashboard website so that they know how their building is doing and are motivated to keep reducing.
- Promote participation in our campus competition through the use of tools such as prizes, special events, social media, door-to-door campaigns, signage, removable stickers, Building Dashboard widgets, and the establishment of social norms.
- Partner with existing campus departments, programs, and organizations on all of the above.